Leslie Tayne is a Puppy Raiser for the Smithtown Guide Dog Foundation
March 2011 – PresentCause: Animal WelfareSince 1946, the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc. has provided guide dogs free of charge to blind people who seek enhanced mobility and independence. Students come to us from all over the United States and many foreign countries. Trademark small classes and individualized instruction often attract students who may have special requirements.
Leslie Tayne is the board member and treasurer of the Jewish Lawyers Association
CAUSE: Civil Rights & Social Action
The Jewish Lawyers Association of Nassau County, Inc (JLA) was established over 35 years ago in 1973. It continues to thrive as a vital component of Nassau County’s legal community. JLA, created by Jewish lawyers and judges, was born of a desire to gather members of the bench and bar around shared beliefs and promote the Jewish values of charity (tzedakah), justice and learning.
The Jewish Lawyers Association offers access to meaningful and exciting events, educational programs and professional opportunities, all taking place in a cordial and welcoming atmosphere.
Leslie Tayne speaking to the support group of Long Island Against Domestic Violence.
Cause: SOCIAL ISSUES
Leslie Tayne – Debt Counselor for the Family Services League
CAUSE: Economic Empowerment
Family Service League addresses social problems at the most basic and intimate level – the single individual or family in need of help. Family Service League helps individuals, children and families to mobilize their strengths and improve the quality of their lives at home, in the workplace and in the community.
Leslie Tayne Volunteer Speaking Events (2012-Present)[heading size="3" color=" #000"]2016[/heading]
- “Debt Relief Discount Program” – Local 338”
- “Financial Mediation with Debt Settlement” – Clear Law Institute”
- “Overcoming Military Family Financial Challenges” – ExTension”
- “Tayne Your Debt” - Elwood Library
- “Tayne Your Debt”– Long Island Against Domestic Violence”
- “Financial Mediation with Debt Settlement” - – Lawline
- “Legal Avenues for the Management of Student Loan Debt” - Lawline
- “Protect High Net Worth Clients from Predatory Financial Situations” - – NYSSCPA Entertainment, Arts and Sports Committee Meeting
- “Collections, Creditors and Your Clients” - Nassau County Bar Association
- “Branding your business” - NCCPAP MAP
- “Debt and Divorce” - Association of Divorce Financial Planners
- “Getting your Daughter Ready for College” - Winthrop University Hospital
- “Paying for College: What Every Parent and Student Needs to Know” - Long Island Women’s Agenda
- “Drowning in Debt” - – Nassau County Bar Association
- “Alumni in theClassroom” - State University of New York at Albany
- “Helping Clients Stay Afloat” - Nassau County Bar Association
- “Debt Help for Seniors” - Huntington Public Library
- “Debt Help for Young Professionals” - Greater Long Island Dental Meeting
- “Everything you Wanted to Know About Debt but Were Afraid to Ask” - Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association
- “Helping Clients in Debt” - Strategies for Wealth
- “What Every Attorney and Accountant Needs to Know” - Sales Tax Defense
- “Debt Free College” - Huntington Adult Education
- “Debt Seminar” - Family Service League
- “How to Keep Your Business Financially Fit” - Women on the Move LI
- “Tayne Your Debt Senior Edition” - Huntington Library
- “Empowering Me” - Girl Scouts of Nassau County