Legal Assistant / Paralegal (Full-Time)
Legal Assistant / Paralegal will be responsible for coordination and connection of multi department processes including calendar management, intake and processing of legal papers, liaison with firms clients through phone and email who have been sued, coordination of attorney schedules. Position is for someone who is a team player who can work in an open and dynamic environment with great energy in expanding legal services firm.
- Answering Client concerns / speaking with attorney and other creditors of clients by phone and email
- Screening/responding to voice messages from clients / creditors / creditors attorneys
- Appropriately Utilizing Internal company Databases and e-courts
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi task a must
- Understanding of creating legal documents and filing them with the appropriate courts.
- Effectively using computer systems for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting
- Maintaining customer privacy when accessing customer accounts and information
- Thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Quality Assurance, detail oriented
- Ensuring accuracy of all information provided to creditors, clients and coworkers.
- Meeting or exceeding company’s minimum expectations and guidelines relating to quality standards
- Calculate acceptable percentages for settlement according to guidelines set forth by department
- Responsible for reports, and various other tasks assigned by direct supervisor(s)
- Minimum of two years of experience in paralegal services.
- Minimum of two years working experience in a law firm.
- Above average math skills
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft product line including: Word and Excel
- Must be professional with a helpful attitude
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Good judgment, tact, persuasion, excellent communication skills are a must
- Exercising a high degree of initiative, independence and the ability to meet time frames in performing assigned tasks.
- Experience in consumer credit transactions a plus
If you would like to apply for the Legal Assistant / Paralegal position, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org